I'm not much of a joiner, but I'm hooking onto the line of folks doing South Beach Steve's Perfect 10 Challenge.
The idea is to tackle, log, and share 10 goals (naybe it doesn't have to be 10 but that's what I decided on) the first 10 weeks of 2010. The rules, among other things, includes tracking progress every Friday. You also have to tell one thing that most other bloggers will not know about you in weekly updates. And there's a prize of clubbell training stuff.
And, as Steve explains, it's not about being perfect--"It is about setting realistic, challenging, attainable goals that push and stretch you to your limit, thereby making you better all the while. If you don’t attain the goals, but you never give up, then you will be closer at the close of this challenge than you are today."
My Goals for the First 10 Weeks of 2010
- Plan out my weekly menu in advance and preferably use it to grocery shop (weekly menu comes from new Eating Well Diet cookbook or site, SparkPeople, Weight Watchers, or other healthy meals); meals should equal ~1500 calories a day
- Use one weekend day (or an weekday evening night) to cook ahead--soups for lunches, veggies for the week, and perhaps 1 dinner entree.
- Plan 2 nights a week where dinner is easy--like hummus & veggies, a vegggie burger or other quick sandwich
- Pack my lunches most days and eat the lunch I packed.
- Get up 4-6 days a week with Hubby to swim at the gym, and keep increasing the intensity each week.
- Learn the breast stroke.
- Work out with Hubby & trainer two times a week
- Ride the recumbant bike at least 2x a week and increase time at least every two weeks
- Start going to church with Hubby and actively look for friends
- Make a point to be aware of and challenge negative thinking