Saturday, July 4, 2009

Day 1 It's a Day of Reckoning

TODAY'S INSPIRATION:
Sandy, you can do this.
Each day is a new opportunity to
respond calmly, seek beauty, and appreciate
the warmth in yourself and others.
Embrace your dreams.
You have accomplished so much
and have the potential
to do all that you desire.
Have courage to step forward.
Each breath is a new beginning.
You deserve to have a great day.
THE DAY'S PLANS & ANTICIPATIONS

I'm moving to this new format for my blog.

I joined Sparkpeople. I don't know exactly how to tell you to find me there yet, but I'm signed in as 45andaspiring. It's free if you want to check it out. One of my goals is to listen to a motivational song every day. You will hear it. Today's is Independence Day by Martina McBride.

I am counting calories. Sparkpeople has a tool to help you with this. I'm checking out how it works on my phone. Will let you know.

I plan to post every day--and try updating posts on the same day perhaps or having more than one to help keep me focused and to give me an outlet.

I am going to be more active every day, using the Levine Move a Little book as my guide and exercise recommendations from Sparkpeople. (My mini exercise bike should finally arrive on Tuesday.)

I will continue to explore how much detailed planning works (like get up at 6 to exercise) versus less directed goals (like don't go to bed without exercising).

Right now, I'm going with Hubby to breakfast. We are going to J. Christopher's. I will have the low carb plate: 3 egg whites, a piece of whole grain toast, sliced tomatoes (my requested substitue for turkey sausage or bacon), and fruit. I will ask for milk for my coffee; I'm counting on at least 2% being available.

6 comments:

  1. Nice breakfast plan. I've heard of the spark thing. Haven't checked it out.
    I'll have to find you there!

    Tomato instead of sausage? It reminds me of a flight I was on one time. Instead of peanuts, they passed out little bags of carrots. I ended up writing an entire stand-up bit about it.
    That's not a fair substitution! If I ever bite into a Snickers Bar, and it's "Packed with carrots," I'm writing an angry letter! Dear Snickers, I'm not very happy right now...

    you get the idea

    But, I understand...I love tomato slices!!
    (I also love sausage!)

    Great job as always!!

    Take care and my best always
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you again!I managed to read your blog and I love your new format. Well done on your goal setting, I love the way you plan everything, right down to what you're going to eat out. That is the secret of success. I use an old saying which goes: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Again, well done and bless all you're doing. (((Hugs))) from Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a day of reckoning, Sandy. That's exactly what set me off on my current weight loss journey, a day where I woke up and said "No more." A day where something inside clicked and I knew that I was up to fighting the good fight.

    I think you've got it in you as well.

    I look forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a J.Christopher's near my work. Do you like it there? I've never been...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you, I pretty much drew a line in the sand myself two years ago.

    I had always been thin, but for some reason once I hit 40 pounds just piled on.

    One day I just decided I wasn't happy with how I looked. I ordered a treadmill, started doing yoga more frequently, dramatically changed my diet, and eventually fit back into the same clothes I wore before I hit 40.

    I write about it on my weight loss blog: http://losingweightafter45isabitch.blogspot.com/

    Keep it up. It's a bitch to lose weight, but you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on making the decision to have a day one. I wish you every success on your journey.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. . . it lets me know I'm not alone! Please leave one.