Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Stacking the Deck--Again (Or Why I Should Have Stock in Amazon)

So if you've been paying attention lately, you're aware that I have a weakness of buying all the gadgets & gizmos and wardrobe and notebooks and cool pens etc. as a way to prime myself to start a new phase of action and commitment. The bigger weakness is that I often don't follow through after stacking the deck.
It's been an online ordering week for me. Here's what I've stacked the deck with. Remind me to tell you how they work out (once they arrive).

Item #1 for Foot Pain Relief







Item #2 for Foot Pain Relief


(guess they had to say Toes twice to show that there are 2 pieces in the box?)

Item #3 Book on Increasing Activity





Move a Little, Lose a Lot: New N.E.A.T. Science Reveals How to Be Thinner, Happier, and Smarter by James Levine (I heard about this one on NPR)




Item #4 Book Eating Real Food


In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto by Michael Pollan (This was recommended me to me by a new acquaintance who for some reason I trust implicitly--maybe because he is so d*mn funny and smart)


Item #5 Book on Exercise Motivation




Mind Gym: An Athlete's Guide to Inner Excellence by Gary Mack and David Casstevens
(I stumbled across this using the great, money grubbing resources of Amazon that recommend other cool things you may like. I'm all about what we tell ourselves so this seemed interesting even though I'm far from an athlete. Plus for some reason when I saw the title, I felt motivated by the tune of Morning Has Broken repeating in my head. . . did you hear it too? BTW, Did anyone else find it noteworthy that the formerly 500+ woman featured on the Today show this week became an athlete? A professional race walker?)


Item #6 Gadget to actually do the work from Item #3



(This is recommended in the Levine book)
Item #7 Gadget to also help me do the work from Item #3



Motorola H710 Bluetooth Mono Headset
(it will be really interesting to see if this works well. . . wanted it so I can use my phone & walk)

6 comments:

  1. Well, your pocketbook's certainly lighter now. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool gadgets and great music. Your blog is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shopping spree! I bet you end up using this stuff this time!

    you know you will, because you're really on the way. You're gonna get there!!!

    My best always

    ReplyDelete
  4. No wonder Amazon stock has been doing so well lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been a busy shopper. You'll have to let us know how you like everything when it arrives:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. At first I thought the mini exercise bike was a miter saw! LOL

    Anyway, I'm halfway through In Defense of Food....fabulous read. Next I'll attack his book The Ominvore's Dilemma. Let me know what you think of the first one.

    That move more weight less book looks interesting. I might have to have a look see.

    Amazon loves me, too. I just HAVE to order that $4.something extra, too, to get free shipping! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. . . it lets me know I'm not alone! Please leave one.