- I got up very close to when the alarm went off
- I put on makeup. . .maybe for the first time this year???
- I blew my hair dry instead of letting it dry naturally which makes it look limp.
- I made coffee at home instead of stopping at Starbucks.
- I removed my gym back from the trunk of the car where it's lived quite a while and carried it to my desk area. I didn't use it but it's a start.
- I walked up the 2 escalators and I walked up the stairs at work twice. I decided it's OK if people witness my heavy breathing.
- We had lunch ordered in at work and I ordered a veggie burger with a side of fruit. It was a bit challenging to calculate the calories for (the bun seemed huge), but I feel pretty good about it.
- Monday is sushi night so we ate sushi for dinner.
- I stayed within my calorie maximum for the day and continue to find the Spark People calorie tracker easy to use on the Web and my phone.
- I laughed hard at my colleague first thing this AM and made a few people smile throughout the day.
These were the less good things about the day:
- I didn't walk this morning.
- I didn't walk at work.
- I didn't walk on the treadmill watching the Closer like I'd hoped.
Here's the bottom line:
I'm peaceful about the things I didn't do--thus the inspirational song choice for today. I was in a meeting from 10 to 2. I stayed at work until 8. During the Closer, I did the dishes, played a few minutes with the puppy, and wrote a blog. I did move a bit more today and I am taking small steps (the gym bag move is significant). I'm doing great with the food and attitude. It's going to be OK. I just need to keep perspective, stay relaxed, and remember to laugh (thanks for those, Jack!)