Monday, January 5, 2009

Monday Inspirations

Thought you might also be inspired by these recent thoughts I've had that were inspired from some bloggers I follow.

My new motto Inspired by A Supposedly Fun Thing by Rene at Not the Rockefellers



Chat and sing as you go along—turn down the
quality control and constant assessment and
go to “full on glee.”
Whatever you do, don’t leave your glee at home.
Christine at Live Passionately wrote:


"When you paint success pictures in your mind,
you initiate an inner process
whereby your attitudes,
hopes, aspirations, and enthusiasm
are elevated
in response to an image
of a more promising future.
Every person who aspires
must first sell themselves
hope, the promise of a better life."

Here's the my food for thought about it: I like the idea of painting success pictures in my mind very much. The metaphor adds the idea of creativity, time, and revision to my aspirations.

Another new motto for me also inspired by Christine at Live Passionately, this one from It's All About Choices


To be gentle with myself in this Life
To make the most important thing
in life be warmth and affection
To be more loving to those around me
These are resolutions
I think I can
live with
without guilt.

The more challenging mantra from her post:

"Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown your own inner voice."

So hard when I'm the one seeking and longing for positive opinions . . .

And this post from Mountain Woman at Red Pine Mountain, just inspired me. Period. Here were the gems in for me:
"I resolved to make food a non-issue in my life.
I threw out the scale,
told myself there were no "forbidden" foods and
allowed myself to walk
the grocery store aisles
and buy whatever I wanted
without a feeling of
guilt."

"I joined a gym and started to swim, just a few laps at a time. . .
It never was a contest of how many laps a day I'd swim
but rather a reluctance to stop swimming
because I enjoyed the peace I had
when I was moving in the water."

"I kept on eating all my favorite foods:
rice pudding, breads, pastas, sauces,
but I required less to be full."

"I made peace with my past and I savored my present."

"We are so much more than our appearance.
We have a heart, a soul.
We are kind, we nurture others, we live productive, good lives."

"Don't let your weight define you.
Be good to yourself every day.
Try to foster a positive dialog with yourself. . . .
please, don't waste your life
berating the way you look.
Life is short, precious; as are you."

And last, but not least, GA Mountain Woman from Life on a Southern Farm inspired me to add to my goals to make a Raised Bed; she also recommends the HobbyFarms site on how to build a raised bed. But I think the book I ordered for myself from my wishlist needs to get here first. . . Gardener's Fitness: Weeding Out the Aches and Pains.

3 comments:

  1. I think that's the best compliment I've received all year :)

    I've always wanted to be an inspiration for something!

    Turned the glee to 11 and rock on!

    Peace - Rene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to leave this blog from line cook with you.

    Some food for thought ( pun intended)

    http://linecook415.blogspot.com

    Look for the December post about "Resolutions" it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. I am inspired by your inspiration!~

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. . . it lets me know I'm not alone! Please leave one.