Doubt can only be removed by action.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
What I've Done Lately to Feel Proud
I talked with my friend Christine tonight and she told me to stop and give myself a pat on the back. She said I was often so concerned about the future and where I wanted to go that I didn't notice now. She urged me to take notice and take pride in the fact that I clawed my way out of this recent depression to change meds and get help. And that IS good. I am feeling so much better.
Here are some other less monumental things but things of which I'm proud:
- Made a tuna salad sandwich last night for my lunch today
- Made a new sweet potato, chick pea, zucchini kind of stew last night for dinner tonight.
- Ate muscadines for a snack today at work.
- Took a 15 min walk outside in the middle of today at work today. The weather was perfect and fall like.
- Started tracking my calories in Spark people again.
- Read a few blogs and left comments.
- Gave my dog a shower night before last
- Felt really good when my friend I saw a few weekends ago in B'ham called to say she knew I was coming again and wanted to see me--and I set up plans for us
- Connected with a dear friend who I hadn't talked to in months and really enjoyed it
- Have had some meaningful conversations with Hubby with the TV off
- Grabbed & hugged my 2 NC granddaughters at the same time and kissed on them. The 3 year old told me I was the best "Meme" she'd ever had! (I'm her only Meme. :) She also has a grandma and a nana.)
- Apologized to 2 people at work after I was cranky with them.
- Allowed myself to thoroughly enjoy my stepdaughter's peformance in a church play while sitting next to her mother (my hubby's ex)