Monday, August 10, 2009

Day 38: Blessed Is She Who Has Cereal for Dinner

TODAY'S INSPIRATION
All that spirits desire, spirits attain.
Kahlil Gibran
Inspirational Song
Curbside Prophet
Jason Mraz

Cereal for Dinner
I think if I lived alone I would often have cereal for dinner. Cereal is good and comforting. It can be a problem for me if I keep eating the same kind because I eventually want more. . .

I always have to measure cereal. I cannot be trusted to be honest in eyeing the correct amount.

But tonight I had cereal for dinner. And since I have more calories at dinner than I other meals. . . I had 2 servings of cereal (with one serving of milk) AND a banana AND a bit of peanut butter.

And it was good.

Individual Spirits
Today's quote matches up with this fabulous poem published by the person I love most in the world. Check it out: Captain Lee. It's about what's inside us that cannot be known by others and about how others' view us cannot penetrate our spirits when we guide our own journey.

6 comments:

  1. My hubby loves cereal for dinner. Back in the olden days before we had kids, and before I knew how to cook anything edible, he would often resort to cereal for dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it should be a law that everyone has breakfast for dinner at least once a week :) If I ever run for public office, that will be my platform...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have to weigh cereal. I just know to stop when the box is empty. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link to your true love's writing. Very vivid. Very real. You, or he, might want to read my post today. Kinda puts me in mind of some of my family history, not verbatim, but through the feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds delicious (by way of a change!) I like cereal for dinner with yoghurt and sliced banana on top, it acts as a dessert. Thanks for visiting my blog today and for your kind comment. I like your hubby's Scripture referencing! Too true. (((Hugs))) Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your wonderful comment...Love coffee for the very reasons you described..love to savour it and love ice!!! Maybe more than the pop...

    Thank you!!
    Irene

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. . . it lets me know I'm not alone! Please leave one.