Saturday, September 27, 2008

Did You Notice My Exercise Log?

So have you noticed my new widget? On the top right of this page I now have an exercise tracker. This is to keep me from having to use my blog space to keep track of my exercise. If you are interested, here's how to use it:
  • Click on any of the scrolling exercises and it will take you to my tracking space on fitlink.com.
  • Once you're there, you can see any of my workouts for a day (look for dates listed on the right).
  • If you click on the magnifying glass to the right of the exercise, you can see how to do the exercise and what muscle groups it uses.
  • If you click on my name on the widget instead of an exercise, it takes you to my profile on fitlink.
  • And if you click on home (upper left) when you get to my profile or exercise page, you get a calendar showing how consistent I've been.

I know this sounds silly, but it's kind of neat to realize that the exercises that D does with me are typical for other people too. I had thought it was cool of her to do the same kind of exercises in different ways--like a chest press on the ball, or on a machine, or on an incline bench, or with a pulley machine--because it keeps it interesting and each position kind of works a slightly different area. But, duh, it wasn't just her being incredibly smart and making it up. There they are all--all their various forms right there on fitlink. But the fact that she knew & I didn't, and that she wants to keep it interesting is all part of the trainer push!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. . . it lets me know I'm not alone! Please leave one.