Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Why Didn't I Think of This Snack Before?

I'm not sure what made this dawn on me, but earlier this week it struck me--why not a small salad for my  mid afternoon  snack?

So one day this week, I brought a small amount of mixed greens, mixed with a few chopped leaves of fresh mint, with some fresh raspberries to put on them, with 1 T of low-fat Asian Ginger dressing and 1 T of Feta cheese. YUMMY!

Then, the next day, I brought the greens & mint, topped with some cantaloupe chunks, a few raspberries, and pineapple salsa. ANOTHER WINNER!

What's more, is the salad takes a lot longer to eat, and so feels more satisfying (not to mention the feeling of nutritious self-righteousness it elicits) than the 3 to 5 bites of a "bar."

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great! I'm coming pretty late to the fruit in salad party, but I'm loving it now. Glad you are enjoying it. And I agree about the time it takes to enjoy such a snack. Good idea all around.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. . . it lets me know I'm not alone! Please leave one.