Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tribute to Those Born May 26

  • Al Jolson, 1886, known for singing in black face

    Dorthea Lange, 1895, photographer, known for her photos during the depression

John Wayne, 1907, The Duke, OK. . . maybe he's not dichotomous. . .but definitely noteworthy!

Miles Davis, 1926





  • Jack Kevorkian, 1928, known for euthanasia enthusiam
  • Brent Musberger, 1939, sports commentator for ABC (ssshhhh. . . don't tell Hubby! He hates Brent Musberger because he is often commentator of Ohio State football games and hubby thinks he is biased against the bucks!
  • James Arness, 1923, also not dichotomous as far as I know, but I had to put him here and out of chronology to make up for Mush Mouth to Hubby (he met James Arness so he has a soft spot for him)
  • Stevie Nicks, 1948, best known for being part of Fleetwood Mac






  • Me, 1963

    Gemini Information for May 26

You should embrace: Comfort, conversations with yourself, solitude

You should avoid: Pragmatism, estrangement from friends, self-pity

  • Lenny Kravitz, 1964, ; I liked this version better, but it wouldn't allow download:
    And I admit, I am not cool enough to have really known this song. I just stumbled over it and liked its attitude.



  • Helena Bonham Carter, 1966
  • My niece, 1983 (born 20 years and 2 min after me)

9 comments:

  1. Your is some cool company today! Though Kevorkian? maybe not so cool... Happy Birthday to you and your niece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree about Dr. Jack. Maybe replace him with Sally Ride, the first American woman and youngest American (at the time) to enter space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I hope it's filled with all the good things you deserve. (Oh and Peggy Lee? That song was SOOO the story of my love life for the longest time.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in a house full of Geminis and geez, it's fun! LOL I get so frustrated when it's time to do take out. I'll ask, "What does everyone have a taste for?" Their answer? "I dunno. It doesn't matter to me. You choose." I figure God must be punishing me! LOL

    Happy birthday to you and to your niece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! This was such an interesting post, seeing the wide variety of people born on this date. Lots of favorites in that list.

    I’m so glad you found my blog. I really enjoyed reading your comments on the two posts…eh…maybe not so much about loving the bloody meat. LOL

    Hope you have a fun B-day celebration tonight!

    --Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey!!!!! Happy Birthday!!! It's mighty interesting to see who was born on one's birthday. I share mine with Walter Cronkite, Markie Post, Loretta Swit and Sean Puff Daddy Diddy Whatever Combs. You share yours with some good ones!!!

    Would you like some voodoo lilies as a birthday present? I grow them more for their foliage rather than their very weird inflorescences. Let me know via email and I can mail some out to you. :-) Hope you had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! (A day late....sorry!) LOVE your music playlist. Music goes right to my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday! to you and your niece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAPPPPPY BELATED.

    cant believe after all this I missed the big day :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. . . it lets me know I'm not alone! Please leave one.