If you're paying attention you're saying, "What, how can week 1's assessment be here already? You just posted your Perfect 10 Goals yesterday!" But I was a bit late in signing up for South Beach Steve's Perfect 10 Challenge. And, no, I don't think it's cheating to write the goals after you already know what you have or haven't succeed with the first week--there are still 9 weeks to go!
Update #1 for My Goals for the First 10 Weeks of 2010
- Plan out my weekly menu in advance and preferably use it to grocery shop (weekly menu comes from new Eating Well Diet cookbook or site, SparkPeople, Weight Watchers, or other healthy meals); meals should equal ~1500 calories a day
- How I did: Success! Figured out a menu on Sun, shopped by it, and have stuck by it for breakfast and lunch--punted twice on dinner but with reasonable and healthy substitutions.
- How I did: Success! I made a rice, black-eyed pea, collard green "stew" that I ate for 2 lunches and froze some for future lunches. I also stayed up late one night to cook brussel sprouts which I've added to 2 lunches.
- How I did: Success! I knew that last night and tonight we'd be late eating--I had planned an omelet sandwich for last night and only half-planned tonight, but I did OK--cereal last night and hummus with crackers tonight (and a few grahams with peanut butter)
- How I did: Success! Packed every day and ate it every day.
- How I did: Success! Got up Monday, Tuesday, & Wedsnesday to swim before work. Thurs. is our off day. Friday (I'm updating Thurs. night for a Fri. AM post date) the weather is supposed to be icy in GA so the plan is get up and take turns walking on the treadmill while the other goes up and down on the step--I think that counts.
- How I did: Starting! On Tues. night I researched how to do it; on Weds. I practiced it--arms only; legs only, and a bit together.
- How I did: First things first. . . we signed up to work with a trainer together 2 times a week with our new trainer Ray. Our first session is Sat. at 9:30 AM. I'm excited and nervous. Hubby's never trained before and we've never done it together and we don't know this guy at all yet.
- How I did: No where on this yet. . . My goal is to start this on Sun.
- How I did: Didn't set these goals before Sun., so still have the first Sun to come.
- How I did: All energized in newby restart mode so this wasn't so challenging this week. But I did have a moment at the pool on Weds. when I was discounting/apologizing for our status and had the opportunity to reframe it!
Another one of Steve's rule for the Perfect 10 Challenge is to tell something about yourself that other bloggers likely don't know.
I love having plants in my house and people have commented about how well I do with them, but my secret is I only keep plants that do well with neglect--that perk back up with watering after a long Sandy-imposed draught. That includes peace lily, violets, bamboo, and philadendron.