Sunday, August 2, 2009

Day 30: Saying Goodbye to CA & Vacation

TODAY'S INSPIRATION
Stairs to Success from Richard Simmons

6. Count Your Blessings

5. Have Faith

4. Shed the Past

3. Be Forgiving

2. Practice Patience

1. Think Positive

Discovered on Ang’s blog Get Fit After 40


Inspirational Song

Summertime

Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong

Bye Bye Northern California Coast

Here are some pics to give you a sense of our last few days. . . of course. . once again Hubby said it best on his site. (I won't call it a poem because he quickly told me last time I referenced his site that "he never called it a poem." These naturally poetic types can be really sensitive about the semantics!) His order is correct. . .the order of my photos is for effect.


The View from the Spinnaker Restaurant in Sausilito




The Russian River




The View from Our Room at TimberCove

The Gates in Sebastapol


Anticipations for the Rest of the Day
Now we pack to go the airport. It's a trek to return the rental car and take the shuttle to the airport terminal with our luggage in tow. We're leaving 2.5 hours before our flight to give us time and also to grab a bite to eat in the airport.
I was proud of us at breakfast. Our hotel's rate included the breakfast buffet, but it was very unpleasant. . . very crowded with people pushing and bustling all around and putting the tables together for their large groups. And the food was icky looking and limited. So we decided to try the hotel across the parking lot (we stayed near the airport).
It was exponentially better those few steps away! Quiet, new age music playing, table clothes, open, uncrowded with table service. I ordered the Popeye scramble--eggs with spinach, mushrooms, and bacon. I requested 2 eggs instead of the menu's 3 and substituted the potatoes for fruit. When the fruit came and it was all old and unappetizing, I asked if there was possibly a more fresh bowl. Simple. So much butter--a nice looking bowl of what looked like just chopped melon & pineapple instead of the watery wrinkled bits just taken away. I was so happy with myself.
I have an apple to take on the plane. .
Hubby says it's time to go . .. so see ya back in the southeast tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. He just got sore cuz I called him out about his "poem" not rhyming. To his credit, there was no way for him to know it didn't rhyme...

    Beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. Thank you so much for sharing them with the rest of us. I cooled off just looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a safe trip! I'm sure you had a great time. Really nice photos:) Love the music on today's blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures are stunning! I love going to Northern California. It's so romantic there. Hope your trip home is relaxing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos and the lovely post about your time before you left for the airport. I posted a comment on Hubby's lovely post as well. I love that you asked for fresh fruit - right because you forfeited an egg for that -so better you had crispy melon and pineapple. I look forward to you arrival home. Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comments.(((Hugs))) Jo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. . . it lets me know I'm not alone! Please leave one.