Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day 5: Think You Can

TODAY'S INSPIRATION
Whether you think you can or
whether you think you can't, you're right.
Henry Ford
Inspirational Song
You Gotta Be
Des'ree
What I Did Today to Feel Proud
  • I planned ahead for a dinner that would work with the higher calorie lunch I had. And it was delicious: mahi mahi with a crushed pineapple salsa, with cucumbers, tomatoes and peppers in vinegar with broccoli rabe (my first time cooking it--turn out yummy!).

  • Even though my lunch was high calorie, I made good choices. I ordered the special--grilled grouper with pasta, zucchini, sundried tomatoes, with a pesto sauce. I asked for pesto sauce on the side and barely used any. And I ordered a side of grilled asparagus so I would be less likely to eat all the pasta. I left most of the pasta and I barely used any pesto. Still it was a dinner-size lunch and it had a lot of oil on it. Next time, I could ask for it with extra veggies, no pasta or at least ask them not to add extra oil. But I was proud of myself for my choices!

  • I took a walk this evening while I talked on my bluetooth to my friend. Woohoo. . .an old habit rekindled.

  • I know these kind of food records may seem boring and mundane, but they are the kind of little choices that really make a difference toward success! It took me a while to figure out how to make these choices before and when I stop doing them they feel like a mystery, so they seem worth recording and sharing.

  • I was telling PhD today that one of the new tools to stay on track that I use is to ask myself, "What would the old Sandy do?" I've done this weight loss thing before--and I did it well. I felt like a winner. I can do it again--am doing it again--because I think I can.
(The mini exercise bike was good. I only did it for 15 minutes to make sure I didn't get sore. And I did it leisurely as I watched TV. . . burning more calories that I normally would as a TV couch potato for sure! I am going to take it into work--maybe this weekend. And Big Mummy--it's just like it sounds a small pedals only bike--follow the link above to see it.)

6 comments:

  1. Nice quote. So very true.

    You made some awesome choices today!!

    Nice my friend, nice.

    I enjoy following your success!!

    And your comment on my blog about "putting on the car" made me bust out laughing hard!!

    thank you, needed that!
    my best
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mini exercise bike looks like a good deal....SANDY. Is that your name? I never knew your name, but just commented on jacksh*ts post because he mentioned you and that's the first thing I said. Sandy? Her name is Sandy? I like your inspirational quotes and the progress you're making. Stay focused......Sandy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! So much of weight loss is about the planning isn't it? I liked your comment about walking while talking on the bluetooth! Keep up the good work, and that dinner sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your using some good tools to keep track of yourself. I like asking the question about what the old you would do. Looks like the new you is doing a great job!! Hooray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your idea of asking what the old Sandy would do. That really nails it as far as correcting bad old habits. Good for you - I'm cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found a lot of success when I simply s-lo-w-e-d down the eating and took a more thoughtful approach to my meals (and snacks). What I found was that there were quite a few reasons for my munching, and rarely was hunger one of them. I ate because I was bored, stressed, driving, reading, watching TV. Mindless eating just to satisfy some need that wasn't a true need at all.

    You've just about put an entire solid week together. WTG!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. . . it lets me know I'm not alone! Please leave one.