Monday, July 20, 2009

Day 17: Keeping Commitments

TODAY'S INSPIRATION
"You don't have to be great to start,
but you have to start to be great."
Zig Ziglar
Inspirational Song
I Go Walking After Midnight
Patsy Cline


She Did It!
I looked for the song She Did It by Eric Carmen but couldn't find it. But I did it. I stuck with my commitment to walk at work and this evening. I didn't like it much, but I did it. Well, I liked that I did it in the long run. . .

Committed Walk #1 at Work: But at work it was very challenging to get away in the afternoon because I have daily deadlines and by the time I finished the first one, it was time for several meetings. Fortunately, I was able to move one so between 2 others I went outside. It wasn't until 4:10, but I went. I didn't even change my shoes. It was nice to get outside and a woman leaving the parking garage who was waiting to let me cross called out to me through the window that she liked my jacket and asked where I got it . . . so that was a bonus! I walked 20 minutes which was the only time I had available.

Committed Walk #2 Tonight: This evening I got home around 7:45. I was tired. Monday is sushi night--take out. We finished eating about 8:30 & wrestled with Puppy Yeats to get her head directing collar on her (I don't know it's official name) but went out together to walk. We kept a pretty good pace, and I had to stop twice to breathe deep. So I wasn't loving it. But we did it. We walked 20 minutes--just down the hill and back up. . . but it's a start and I stuck to my commitments.

I feel proud. What did you do today to feel proud?

It's 10PM and hubby is reminding me it's time for bed. But I feel keyed up, like I practically just got home and even Yeats is not doing her usual lying about. But hubby won't let up; he wants me to stick to succeed--and stick to my commitment to get up in the AM and wrestle Yeats into the collar to do it all again.

7 comments:

  1. Gentle Leader?? We have to use those on our two dogs... they pull really bad, and they are uncontrollable without them- especially the puppy(one year old).
    Good walks, I know it is hard to do sometimes. There are times that I would rather shave my head than be active. It pays off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic day! Loved the quote too!

    I'm so happy to be following your success!

    Blessings
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Sandy, if you're proud of you, believe me, I'm proud of you, too! What a focussed person you are. Keep going girl. (((Hugs))) Jo South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice song today! My hubby used to sing that to me when he was walking me home after a date in college.

    You are really making some great changes in your life. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're bringing it strong, Sandy. I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job again! I love following your blog and reading about your journey. I also love your music selections each day. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW congrats for the walking twice in one day.. my goal is either swim after work or do a exercise tape..great day for you!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. . . it lets me know I'm not alone! Please leave one.