Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Product Placements

Here are 3 new foods I've tried and like quite a bit.

I've only seen Smooze in Whole Foods. In the store I go to, it's near the milk, just in a box in the aisle. You freeze it once you get home. These look small but they are really creamy and satisfying and only 1 PT (50 calories). All 4 flavors have coconut in them. I have tried pineapple-coconut and passion fruit-coconut. Both are good. These take me longer to eat than a Weight Watchers bar, which is another reason I like them.

My PhD turned me on to Better'n Peanut Butter. This is good stuff, and I'm a CRUNCHY fan (I only saw this in creamy). The way they describe the peanuts is kind of weird in a way I don't get.

Ingredients: PEANUTS (AS DEFATTED PEANUT FLOUR AND NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER), TAPIOCA SYRUP, PURE WATER, DEHYDRATED CANE JUICE, RICE SYRUP, VEGETABLE GLYCERIN, SOY FLOUR, SALT, TAPIOCA STARCH, NATURAL FOOD FLAVORS, PAPRIKA & ANNATO, CALCIUM CARBONATE, LECITHIN, VITAMINS E & C (ANTIOXIDANTS).

I mean what is defatted peanut flower? But this stuff is only 2 PTs for 2 TABLESPOONS, so I don't see anything that seems so odd that I think it will kill me. You do have to refrigerate this, but it doesn't separate like natural peanut butter.


I can't say I've had much carrot soup, but I really liked this. Not an overwhelmingly strong taste, but just nice and warm and creamy going down. The box has 2 servings--each 2 PTs. Don't do as I did and pour into a Styrofoam bowl to microwave. . . I ended up with something that looked like a fallen pottery bowl and a big orange mess! Eating carrot soup makes you feel really wholesome and nutritiously self righteous!


WHAT I DID TODAY TO FEEL PROUD

I had a really great workout with Trainer D. There were a few things that have been a struggle for me in the past that were much easier today.

One was side lunges over the bosu ball. To do this you stand on one side of the bosu, step up on it with one leg, then step up the other leg, keeping your balance and stepping off on the other side. When D demonstrates she kind of "hops" over. When I've done it, I step up tentatively and slowly add the other leg and wobble to get my balance before stepping off. Today, I didn't hop, but I certainly had a more consistent, flowing pace. I don't know which of us was more surprised!
THE BOSU



The other thing was reverse crunches. These are when you lie on your back and pull your knees up toward your chest, without putting your feet down between reps. These are hard! They work your lower abs. The last couple sessions I've done these on a declining bench and basically did 2 at a time for a set of 12. Today, I did them on a flat bench and just smoothly kept working through them up to a set of 15!

D thinks it's the water aerobics that has helped me feel more confident moving and improving my balance.

And! I left my workout with D to go straight to a water aerobics class. So is that a push or what, PhD?!

And last, but not least, drum roll please. . . I turned down the pretty little cellophane bag filled with candy from the company and didn't eat any candy from our office visiting little trick or treaters!

3 comments:

  1. read
    nodded
    decided I wanted to try
    was in awe of your bosu stuff and THEN

    the GREAT CANDY TURNDOWN OF 08?!


    huge victory (and yes. more awe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the laugh, MizFit! Wow! I must really be chugging to garner "your" awe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had an organice tomato soup that was VERY good. Seems that organice things generally have less calories or fat, so maybe that would be good for your points?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. . . it lets me know I'm not alone! Please leave one.