Thursday, September 18, 2008

First Day of Training Down

Timeline of a Broken Wrist Continues. . .
113 Days Return to working With My Personal Trainer

So today. . . after much internal struggle and dragging of the feet. . . I met with D for my first training session since before I broke my wrist. I was supposed to meet her at 5, and when I went downstairs to the gym, she wasn't there. So I appropriately looked around, asked where she was, and then went back to my desk. I had been anticipating seeing her and kind of wanted to get moving, but also had that, "ugh, this will be hard," feeling and felt very antsy about trying to get out of the office early. (I haven't focused well on my work since returning from the funeral.)

So, I left her a voicemail. Then, she called my cell phone, saying, "where are you? you should be warming up with your cardio. . ." which I kind of ignored. At 5:40, she called my work phone. I said, "Are you still there? Can I come down?" (You're amazed, aren't you?)

So I think I was sweating before I even got to the dressing room. The workout was an easy, let's-get-back-going one. . . thank goodness! But at least it's done--I have my first day of training done.

Here's what we did:
  • 6 min warm up on Treadmill
  • 10 step ups on each leg on step raised 2 tiers
Then these strength-training exercises: each with 8 lb. free weights in each hand
  • 15 bicep curls
  • 15 side arm raises
  • 15 overhead presses
  • 15 tricep curls (over head)
  • 15 rows from a mild squat position (before this I dropped the weight on my foot!!!)

On the ball, with 10 lb. weights per hand:

  • 15 chest presses
  • 15 flies (these were hard with my hand)

On the ball:

  • 20 crunches
  • 20 side crunches

Then lots and lots of reps with a 1.5 lb weight, palm up, moving my wrist forward and backward--mindfully.




1 comment:

I love comments. . . it lets me know I'm not alone! Please leave one.